Image processing is a Photoshop tool that allows you to process a batch of images in the same way. You can for example add watermarks or fix the lightning.
I’m going to add a watermark as an example.
In order to use image processing tool to make a watermark, we first have to create an action. So let’s start with that.
An action is a kind of shortcut you can save and use later in Photoshop. Here is how you make one with a watermark:
1. Open one of the pictures you want to edit in Photoshop.
2. Click the icon that looks like a play button in the right side menu under the history. If the icon isn’t there, go to Windows –> Actions.
3. Click the icon that looks like a document with a folded edge called “create action”. As soon as you have named your action and clicked “record”, Photoshop is going to record what you do and save it as an action, that is, a shortcut for you to use later.
You should be careful from this point on and only do what you want to be in your action.
4. Click File –> Place, to choose your watermark. When you are happy with the size, go ahead and pres enter.
5. Position your watermark where you want it. The best way to do this is to go to Select –> All, then click on the selector tool and choose the position from the bar in the top.
This tools tells Photoshop to align your watermark in the same way on all the pictures, even if they have different dimensions.
6. Pres the square in the actions box next to the red recording icon to stop the recording.
Your action is all done. Now it’s time to implement it on all your pictures using image processing.
1.First make sure all the pictures you want to edit is located in the same folder.
2. Go to File –> Scripts –> Image processor
2. Select source folder (the folder with all the pictures you want to edit)
3. Select destination folder where you want to save the edited images
4. Tick the box “run action” and pick an action. Choose the action you have just created.
5. Click “run” and watch Photoshop edit all your photos! This can take a while, so go make yourself a cup of coffee and wait for Photoshop to do the job.
Image processing and actions can be used in many different ways. This was just one example, but you can also use it to resize the images for use on the web and many other things. It’s one of those things that don’t have much wow-factor, but is a great little thing to know that will save you lots of time. I hope you found the blog post useful. Let me know what you use actions and image processing for,